Thursday, July 2, 2009

My grace is sufficient

7/2/09
My prayer verse for the day is one of my all time favorites, II Cor. 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." We don't like to feel vulnerable. We don't seek out powerlessness. Yet, all of us have experienced feeling helpless or being overwhelmed.
Maybe the good news is that in those times when we know we are absolutely powerless are the times that we turn to God, to God's grace, to God's power. It is not the case that God brings these situations upon us in order to humble us. However, they are opportunities for us to trust God more fully.
As you breathe in and out today, may you hear the living God say to you, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness."

Love,
Pastor Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment