Wednesday, September 9, 2009

acceptable

9/09/09 That date is pretty cool as I typed it just now! My breath prayer comes from the last line of Psalm 19, verse 14, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer." I began my prayer walk this morning by asking God to put a guard on my speech. How often I have said the wrong thing, the hurtful thing, the too glib thing. I asked God to guide my thoughts so that my words would come from a deep holy place. I thought about how God is a rock, a refuge, a strong place of solace. I thought about how God is redeemer, setting us free.
I know many pastors who say this verse as a prayer right before they preach. It works well for every day use as well. May what we say and think be acceptable to God this day.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment