Tuesday, October 6, 2009

forsaken

10/06/09 My prayer verse for the day comes from the opening words of Psalm 22, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from helping me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer; and by night, but find no rest."
You may recognize these words as some of the last words that Jesus said from the cross. Jesus certainly identifies with our feelings of abandonement. I am glad that our Bible contains the whole gamut of human emotions and experiences. Is there anyone who has not felt this sense of being deserted and alone?
In my prayer time walking this morning, I gave up to God some of those experiences in my life past and present. I also remembered that this Psalm ends with a strong affirmation of faith in God, in God's providence, and in God's promised future. May it be so.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment