Tuesday, May 11, 2010

clear water

5/11/10 I left the house at 5:30 this morning to be at Brackenridge Hospital for Evelyn's back surgery. I've known Bob and Evelyn since 1979, and I was glad to spend some time and to pray with them. Getting out this early meant I didn't have time to walk this morning, so after Evelyn was taken into surgery and I got Bob to the waiting room, I said my good-bye and headed to the pool to swim. Deep Eddy pool was on my way and open when I got there about 7:30. Not many people were there. Two guys were down in the deep end dressed in military fatigues, treading water. I asked them if I could swim a line. "Sure," one of them answered. I said, "you must be doing some kind of training." "Yeah," he replied, "this clear water is sure different from the Tigris and Euphrates." I prayed for them and al those in the military as I swam in clear water.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment