Thursday, July 29, 2010

delivered from distress

July 23, 2010, "My breath prayer for today is Psalm 107:6, Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress." It had been a month since I had made any hospital visits till yesterday afternoon. One of our precious little girls was in Dell Children's Hospital. Her surgery had gone fine, but she was assailed by itchy skin. She kept directing her mom to scratch higher or lower, front or back. She could not get comfortable. It was painful for me to experience, because my whole life long I have had similar skin problems. I went next to visit Igor, a young man who has suffered a spinal cord injury, and is now out of ICU and in rehab. He has made tremendous progress in the past month, but his parents were almost desperate for help with the next steps: housing, outpatient care, funds. They are from Macedonia and struggle with the language, the bureaucracy, everything. They had me call 211 to get directions about accessing health and human services. My God hear the prayers of these who cry in their troubles and deliver them from their distress.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment