Wednesday, July 27, 2011

cured their sick

7/27/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Matthew 14:14, "When he went ashore, he saw a great crowd; and he had compassion for them and cured their sick." I am just back from vacation, so these last few days have found trying to get in the flow again. Part of that is catching up with people in vulnerable situations, some who have cancer, some who have experience grief, some who are wheel-chair bound, some with depression, etc. I have been making phone calls and sending emails. I want to let these people know that they are not alone and that they are being prayed for by me and by many.

I am just back from Stephen Ministry training where I was reminded that we are the care-givers, only Christ is the cure-giver. We can listen and love, but only Christ can bring the healing. I like how the passage includes Jesus' compassion for all people, especially the most vulnerable. I pray that Jesus may continue to be our Great Physician, curing the sick.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment