Thursday, December 22, 2011

messenger

12/22/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from the prophet Isaiah 52:7, "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of the messenger who announces peace, who brings good news, who announces salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'" Week by week, sometimes day by day, I get to be a messenger of good news. As a preacher, it comes with the job title. Especially at Christmas, people come to worship hungry...desperate for good news. On Christmas Eve, I am going to adopt the character of the angel who announces to the shepherds (to us...to the world) that a Savior is born. The title of my monologue is Tidings. Today I bring you good tidings of great joy, for unto us is born this day in the city of David, a savior, who is Christ the Lord. Might we become messengers too?

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment