Tuesday, January 10, 2012

found

1/10/12 My breath prayer for the day comes from John 1:45b, where Philip says to Nathaniel, "We have found him about whom Moses in the law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus son of Joseph from Nazareth." I remember when I was attending college that the Southern Baptists had a huge evangelistic campaign, running ads in all the media channels, that said, "I found it." "It" could mean salvation. "It" could mean Jesus. I had problems with the phrasing. I didn't like the impersonal pronoun "it", especially if "it" meant Jesus. I didn't like the campaign for a second reason, namely, that it seemed to emphasize our effort. Isn't it true in our faith journey when we think that we have found the Savior that He has actually found us?

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment