Thursday, February 2, 2012

connections

2/2/12 I have just gotten back from a meeting in San Antonio. It was my last time to lead a group known as the Elders Advisory Board. They have helped me over the last 4 years to keep some 500 pastors in South Texas pulling together. As we looked back over our time together, the word that kept coming up was connection. We are bound together in community. We United Methodists are a connectional church. We are not like some denominations where each local church is free-standing. We believe that we are better together than apart. I give thanks for the 18 folks who have worked with me over the last 4 years. I give thanks that I am a pastor connected to other pastors doing the same holy work. I give thanks we can all be connected to God through Jesus Christ.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment