Tuesday, June 5, 2012

letting go

6/5/12  I am learning to let go, to release control, to let others lead.  Several weeks ago, my church staff indicated a desire to handle staff meetings differently.  Since that time, they have taken turns leading our time together.  I let go.  I sat back and became another staff member, not the one in charge.  The meetings have gone well.  Fresh perspectives are being shared.  It is ok to let go.

Driving to work yesterday morning, I got the phone call that one of our dear charter members died.  It was also the start of our weeklong vacation Bible school.  Furthermore, the Southwest Texas Annual Conference meeting runs Thursday through Sunday this week.  I let go of my plans to deal with funeral plans.  In talking with the family, we worked out that I will go to conference, come back to do the funeral, and return to conference.  It's my last year as chair of the order of elders, and there a few public events where I have a small role.  I also let go of my desire to do music at vacation Bible school.  I have mentored some younger youth and adults in the past years.  They can handle it this year. 

Actually, life is going pretty well today as I am learning about letting go.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment