Tuesday, July 31, 2012

swimming

7/31/12  I do a lot of swimming in the summertime.  Our free neighborhood pool opens up for morning and evening lap swimming.  Cathy and I can swim about 7 months of the year at Deep Eddy, a spring fed pool that stays a cool 68 degrees year round.  Even on vacation, we swam at Taos, N.M., public indoor pool.  On the way back from N. Dakota, we took a break at Garden City, Kansas, which has a gorgeous outdoor pool, which is absolutely huge.  My brother-in-law David says that it is the largest hand dug pool in the USA.  I had a lane all to myself, 50 meters long.  I heartily recommend it to you if you are ever headed that way.  Of course, the last few days, I have been watching a lot of swimming on tv as part of the Olympics.  How about that 17 year old Missy Franklin?  If I could do only 1 kind of exercise, it would be swimming.  I get a total body work-out.  I love to get into the rhythm of breathing and stroking.  I wish as much joy as I find in swimming.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment