Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ask

8/11/09 My prayer verse for the day is from I Kings 3:5, "And God said, 'Ask what I should give you." As I was walking and praying this morning, I grew in confidence to ask boldly of God on behalf of many people and situations--healing of diseases, relationships, grief; peace in the Middle East; cessation of wars; relief from famine; etc. After all, didn't Jesus also say in Matthew's Gospel that we believers were to seek, ask, and knock.
And then I thought that what this passage is leading me to was to ask for what God wanted to have happen. Yes, that's it...what do you Lord want for this person and this situation? And then I remembered my favorite benediction/blessing of these days, Ephesians 3:20-21, "Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
So, ask.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment