Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Psalm 84

8/19/09 My center prayer today comes from Psalm 84 , one of my favorite psalms. I wanted to go to old familiar verses. There is a popular contemporary Christian song, "Better is one day" that comes directly from this psalm. So yes, it has been playing in my soul today. I love the phrase, "I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than live in tents of wickedness." One of the roles I like to play is that of greeter, standing at the door of the sanctuary, looking for that person who may be a first time guest. But the line I was drawn to this day was the second half of verse 11, "No good thing does the LORD withhold from those who walk uprightly." I love the generosity of our God...not one good thing withheld. I believe that God only wants our deepest happiness and wants to give us all good things....maybe not materially, but certainly spiritually. Even to walk uprightly is a gift. It is not about our goodness, but about God's grace.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment