Thursday, November 12, 2009

faithful

11/12/09 My breath prayer for the day comes from Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful." Cathy and I carpooled to work this morning, which means I got to walk around Lady Bird Lake. It is finally fall here, and it is absolutely gorgeous. All of the different trees are trying to outdo one another with their display of colors. The air is cool and fresh. It was a joy to walk and breathe these words of scripture.
I really like that the tone of the verse is plural, communal. Surely each one of us can't maintain hope by oneself. "Let us", "our hope" give me encouragement. But the biggest factor is that God who promises are faithful. As I walked, I held people and situations before the One who is faithful.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment