Tuesday, November 24, 2009

waiting

11/24/09 My breath today comes from Psalm 25:5b, "For you are the God of my salvation; for you do I wait all day long." When I was in Perkins School of Theology, I was a part of the Seminary Singers. Each Christmas break we would take a weeklong trip, going on a concert tour, stopping in local churches along the way. My first year in 1977, we went all the way to Minnesota and back. Our theme for that year was speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs. One of the songs we learned was a direct quote from Psalm 25. We had to memorize all of the music, so when I read this psalm today, the words and music leapt immediately to my mind. How comforting that is to have this psalm so deeply placed in my life and my heart, especially as we await the coming of the Savior here at the start of Advent.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment