Tuesday, February 2, 2010

forgiven

2/2/10 I did it again. I double booked. I had 2 things down for the same weekend. I can do many things, but I cannot be in 2 places at the same time. I was really angry with myself. It is a classic move on my part, overfunctioning and trying to do everything. I went in yesterday to apologize to my youth director for the conflict I was causing.

This morning, the word from Isaiah was exactly for me, from chapter 6, verse 7, "Now that this has touched your lips, your guilt has departed and your sin is blotted out." I needed that release. I pretend that I am not a sinner, and then something like double booking will snap me out of my illusion.

Good news from just a few minutes ago. One event I had penciled in for that weekend is not going to make, so I have been released from it and my guilt.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment