Thursday, February 25, 2010

miss me?

2/25/10 Last week I was on a mission trip to New Orleans to do home repair. Imagine that? A church that helps people recover from their devasting losses long after it has faded from the headlines. I got to cut a lot of baseboards and hung some doors. I got to sleep on an uncomfortable bunk bed with a lot of stinky guys who snored a lot. I got to worship on Ash Wednesday with Aurora UMC in Algiers, LA, who hosted us. I would not trade my experience for anything even though I came back tired and hardly able to breath.

This week I have bee to 3 long days of meeting with the Bd. of Ordained Ministry. I led the opening worship service on Monday, barely able to speak. I found that people really listened because I didn't have much volume. We interview some 35 candidates for ministry over the 3 days. Our own youth minister and associate pastor, Abby and Jim respectively, were among those interviewed. They both passed with flying colors.

My breath prayer for the day has been Psalm 27:13, "I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment