Thursday, March 25, 2010

not my will

3/25/10 My breath prayer today comes from the passion account in Luke's gospel, where Jesus is praying in the garden during his last night on earth, he says, "Father, if you are willing, remove this cup from me; yet, not my will, but yours be done." (22:42) Two interesting insights come to me. One, I try to be in control of my life, of situations, of my family, the church I serve, the traffic around me, etc., when this is absolutely impossible. Yes, I take responsibility for myself, my thoughts and actions, but there is a whole world out there I can't control. The second is that many times I don't even know what my will is. I am clueless about what I want, what I would like to have happen. So today, I am praying, "not my will, but yours be done."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment