Thursday, June 3, 2010

introver/extrovert

6/3/10 For most of my life I have been an extrovert. In Myers-Briggs terms that means that I get energized by being around people. The older I get the more I need time apart to find that renewal of energy. We are in the midst of annual conference where I am greeting hundreds of people. I am trying to remember names. I am trying to do my public role as chair of the order of elders. I find myself getting drained. That's why this morning when I had a choice about walking with a group of pastors along the bayfront in Corpus Christi or taking a walk alone along north beach, I chose to be alone. I was up in plenty of time to make the fun run with others, but I needed the solitude and silence of my morning walk. For those of you who have been following my blog, you know that this is my usual pattern, to combine my exercise and my individual prayer time. Please know that I am in good shape, whole and holy, as I begin this day. I start it energized.

Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Thought I'd toss in a comment. Mainly, sounds like a great morning! I'm an INTP, although "centering", as Rohr would say, on the I v. E thing. Wish I had found that test years ago, everyone should take it. You can learn a lot about yourself, what directions you should go, how to "move to the center" a little, if needed.

    ReplyDelete