Wednesday, September 8, 2010

rain

9/8/10 Last night our church council chair and I did something highly unusual: we postponed a meeting because of rain. It is usually so dry and so hot, especially here at the the end of summer, but tropical storm Hermine changed all of that yesterday. We had localized flooding, traffic problems, and dangerous conditions. On this morning's news, there were reports of some cars getting swept away when people foolishly tried to cross streams. Having grown up on a farm in the Panhandle of Texas, I never turn down rain, and the land around here sure needed it, but we have gotten plenty for a day.

Love,
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynn,

    I really enjoyed your sermon about Glenn of Odom, Texas. It brought a tear to my eye, as I listened and thought about Glenn as you spoke. I wonder how Glenn of Odom, Texas is doing today. He obviously had a very positive spirit and view of life. I think Glenn of Odom, Texas will find success, happiness, and peace in his life.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete