Thursday, April 22, 2010

1600 Sundays

4/22/10 I have had some anxiety about this coming Sunday when we are calling off Sunday School and worship and are going out into the world to be the church, to Rething Church. There has been a little push-back to the idea, some confusion, some miscommunication, etc. I was afraid that the idea might be a total flop.

So the math major in me (B.S. degree from Texas A & M in 1976) invaded my prayer life. I got to thinking: I have been a pastor for 32 years at 52 Sundays per year that makes 1600 Sundays. So if things don't go well on just 1 Sunday out of 1600, that's not too bad.

Actually, I keep hearing great stories about how people are responding to the challenge of being the church in the world, in ways that I could not have engineered or predicted. I believe that God is in this Rethink Church project, and that God will be glorified, and that God's people will be blessed.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment