Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ask and you shall receive

4/21/10 We are calling off worship and Sunday School at our usual church site this Sunday, and we are going out into the world to be the church. We are gathering for lunch and brief worship service at a nearby school cafeteria. All of this I have been doing on faith. I have had no idea how many people will be out in mission and coinge to lunch. Actually, we are getting some rough estimates of how many people are doing what projects, and we even have rough count of about 250 meals at this point. I didn't know how I would pay for the meals or rental of the school until last night. I was visiting with one of our church members who said that they gave to worthy causes and not just to the budget. I mentioned that I had this meal coming up. This person said how many lunches. I said 250 at $5/lunch. After a bit of reflection, this person said that they would pay for all of them!

I feel awkward asking people for help, especially financial help. I need to learn to get over this feeling, because people like to give. They just need to be asked.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment