Monday, April 12, 2010

2 things on my heart

4/12/10 Most of us like to pretend that we are in control, that we are competent, and can pull things off. There are 2 things that I know are beyond my control, where I don't feel competent, and where I am not sure they will come off. One is the finishing up of our stewardship emphasis. I went out on faith, and we didn't do the usual end of the year, what do we need for the budget approach. We have been setting a vision, trying to emphasize year round stewardship, and our need to give rather than the church's need to receive. To that end, we moved our stewardship emphasis to a Lenten time. We still don't have 2010 abudget, and it is the middle of April. I am trusting that God will bless this process. The initial results are encouraging with many new commitments and many increased commitments. We still have a long way to go, and that is where I need to have faith.

The second is a Rethink Church Day, where we are calling off Sunday School and worship at local church site, and we go out to "be" the church in the world by doing service projects. Then we gather for lunch and worship at a nearby school cafeteria to share how we experienced Christ in the neighbor we served. The registrations have come in very slowly, which raised my anxiety. Months ago, I was led to this idea, and I recruited leadership for it. I know that this is church is a last minute sign-up kind of church. It is a matter for faith again, to trust that this is what Christ is calling us to do.

I hope that you would join me in prayer about these 2 things. If you haven't submitted your commitment card or signed up for Rethink Church, please do so quickly.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment