Tuesday, October 12, 2010

continuing ed

10/12/10 I am on the mountaintop. I am at Mt. Sequoia Conference and Retreat Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This campgroup is literally on the top of a hill with a circle road (.9 mile) that looks off and down 360 degrees around its loop. It is fall, and the leaves are just beginning to turn their reds, oranges, yellows, golds, rusts, etc. I have enjoyed walking in the mornings and in our brief breaks.

I wish I could tell you that it is a relaxing time, but the course work is challenging. I am taking the New Church Leadership Initiative, Path 1. We started at 11:30 a.m. yesterday with lunch, and didn't quit until 9 p.m. last night. We have speakers presenting, survey instruments to complete, small group sessions, powerpoint presentations, and books to buy. It is the proverbial "drinking from the fire hydrant" (too much in too short a time). I am glad that I can be here and still be stretched in my ministry.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment