Tuesday, March 8, 2011

covered

3/8/11 My breath prayer for the day has been from Psalm 32:1, "Happy (blessed) are those whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered." I don't know about you, but I feel in need of forgiveness just about daily. Trying to relate to people like my wife, our sons, my co-workers, the people driving agressively around me, etc., make me realize how far I am from living out of love. It is not that I am a bad person; it is simply I am not the person God wants me to be. I still want things my way, in my time....in short, I am selfish.

Thank God my sins are covered. As I was walking this morning, I wondered what this meant. I thought "covered" might mean hidden, like under cover. But I think it may mean like a debt is covered; it has been taken care of, paid for. I am glad that God in Christ Jesus has it covered.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment