Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I don't know

3/30/11 We as a church will be undergoing a visioning process this weekend in a workshop called Partners in Ministry. I have praying for some time about starting another worship service/setting/time or even going to start a satellite campus. David, my co-leader, for the workshop, asked me how I would know that we were supposed to do that new emphasis. I talked my usual spiritual direction stuff: it would flow, it would be confirmed from many different sources, it would be biblical. To be truthful, I have had some anxiety over how I would know, how the congregation would know what or if we were supposed to do to reach more people for Christ. As I pondered this last night, it came to me, that God knows...I don't have to worry. God knows what God wants to happen here. I need to listen. I need to wait. God will reveal it. I don't know, but I don't need to know. God knows, and that's enough. Love, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment