Tuesday, March 22, 2011

standing in front of you

3/22/11 My breath prayer today comes from Exodus 17 where the Hebrew people have found freedom by escaping into the wilderness, but they also find themselves without water. They do what many of us do in times of crisis, they blame the leader, giving Moses a tongue-lashing. When Moses cries to God, God answers with the assurance, "I will be standing there in front of you on the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it, so that the people may drink."

Although Moses is called to act, God remains the primary actor. God says, "I will be standing there in front of you." God can bring water out of a rock. God can make a way in the wilderness. God will provide.

I hope today you and I can see God standing right there in front of us.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment