Tuesday, May 10, 2011

abundant life

5/10/11 I love living in Austin. This morning I got up early and had a good breakfast with my wife Cathy. Then we went down to Deep Eddy pool. It didn't open until 8 a.m., so I spent 45 minutes walking around Zilker Park, watching the sun come up over Lady Bird Lake. Joggers, walkers, dog walkers, tai chi practioners, cyclists, etc. were filling their lungs with oxygen as they exercised. At 8, Cathy and I shared a lane, but there were only 3 other people in the pool. The life guards nearly outnumbered the swimmers. I swam 3/4 of a mile, drove up into the Westlake Hills area, and got to work by 9. My prayer verse for the day is from John 10:10, where Jesus says, "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." I am living it today.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment