Wednesday, May 11, 2011

passing by

5/11/11 President Obama was in Austin yesterday evening. He spoke downtown to a crowd in the new Austin City Limits performing space. The media said that he would be at a private home in West Austin for an intimate fund raiser. When I went to my 6 p.m. meeting at church, some of the participants said that the home the President was visiting was nearby. They had police at intersections on the streets as they came to church. My meeting got out about 8:20. As I was locking up, walking across the parking lot, there was a convoy of cars, motorcycles, ambulances, SUVs, and trucks, all with flashing lights on. It was the President of the United States of America passing by. My wife Cathy was standing there at the front door of the church. No one could move because of the entourage. Cathy put her hand over her heart in salute to the one passing by.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment