Wednesday, June 1, 2011

cast your anxiety

6/1/11 My breath prayer for the day has long been one of my favorites that I have repeated many times over, from I Peter 5:7, "Cast all you anxiety upon him, for he cares about you."

In Greek, we learned the conjugation of verbs by memorizing paradigms, i.e., 1st person singular present tense ends in o, 1st person plural in omen, etc. One of the first verbs we learned was "ballo." It is the first word in this verse from I Peter 5:7. It means to throw. I could remember this verb from the "ball" in "ballo".

Sometimes, when I am upset, or I can't sleep, or I let things get to me, I pause and breath deeply, and pray this verse. Every time I say it, I imagine throwing whatever is causing me anxiety away from me, and into God's hands. Children--I throw them to God. Money--I throw it to God. Retirement--I throw it to God. Conflict--I throw it to God.

Usually, I can go to sleep when I cast all my anxiety upon him.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment