Thursday, June 23, 2011

leaning into vacation

6/23/11 This will be last or next to last blog for awhile. I will be leaving on vacation right after morning worship on Sunday. I have been telling people not to stand in my way after I say "amen" about 12:15 p.m. on June 26. Cathy and I will be heading to Angel Fire, New Mexico, where the elevation is about 8500 feet, and it is cool in the summer. We will see my mom who lives in Lubbock on the way coming and going.

So these last few days have been full of trying to think ahead--get the worship bulletin done for 4 weeks from now, get articles into the newsletter, make appointments for when I get back, finish up last details on various matters.

I am still here, but I am already anticipating hiking in the mountains, smelling the pine trees, and enjoying wearing a light jacket. I am leaning into vacation.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment