Wednesday, September 21, 2011

ears

9/21/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Psalm 78:1, "Give ear, O my people, to my teaching; incline your ears to the words of my mouth." Today in my early morning walk/prayer time, I tried to listen to everything around me, to God. Instead of filling the time with my words or petitions or names of people on my heart, I tried to hear. I used my ears more than my mouth today.

As I walked, I heard the chorus of birds, many different parts and melodies, but coming together in a beautiful harmony. I heard the crunch of dry leaves under my shoes....God knows we need rain. I could hear the traffic, cars rushing to work, to school, to play....I prayed for my neighbors. I heard the wail of a siren...I prayed for fire, police, EMS workers. I heard the beep.beep.beep. of heavy machinery backing up.....I prayed for those who labor in the heat and the recovery of the economy.

Today, I am going to listen to people when they talk, really pay attention. I am going to use my ears in prayer today.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment