Wednesday, September 28, 2011

family

9/28/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Exodus 20:12, "Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you." I will be seeing my mom in 2 days time. I am going back to my hometown of Littlefield, Texas, for my 40th high school reunion. On the way I am going to re-connect with my family. I will spend Thursday night in Abilene with Cathy's sister and brother-in-law, Betsy and David. While in Abilene, I will have supper on Thursday night with my sister and brother-in-law, Cathy and Allen. Then I will spend 2 nights with my mom who lives in Lubbock, driving the 36 miles over to Littlefield and back on Friday and Saturday.

The commandment to honor parents I am expanding to include honoring my family. Each of us is part of a family system. We do not exist without relationship. Honoring family leads to a promise: long life in the land that God gives. Thank God for my family.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment