Thursday, September 15, 2011

singing

9/15/11 My breath prayer for the day comes from Psalm 105:45, "So he brought his people out with joy, his chosen ones with singing." I have a lot going on right now. Nothing strange about that--it is the start of a new school year which translates to people being back at church and the start of programming at church. We are also trying to launch a new worship service and a new caring/listening corps called Stephen Ministry. I have responsibilities beyond the local church with my work as the chair of the order of elders which also puts me on the board of ordained ministry. There is routine stuff like preparing for worship services, responding to emails, connecting with various church committees. So I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. This morning on my walk, my prayer was mostly singing. I found myself not singing the old hymns of the faith, but the new ones from contemporary Christian radio stations. "I will walk by faith...even though I cannot see."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment