Wednesday, May 2, 2012

transitions, part I

5/2/12  This is the time of year when United Methodist pastors and their families are thinking about moving.  Hopefully, they have heard from their District Superintendents by now about their new place of ministry.  This morning I had breakfast with Dan who is going to be the new pastor at San Saba, where Cathy and I were sent  in 1983, almost 29 years ago.  Dan wanted to get my impressions of that county seat, hill country town.  I was happy to oblige him over a super breakfast burrito from Mi Ranchito.  He asked all the right questions.  He demonstrated excitement about going to San Saba by entering their classic domed sanctuary for the first time and shouting "Wahoo!"  He and his wife have 2 little girls, just like Cathy and I had 2 little boys while out there.  I think they are going to make this transitions just fine.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment