Thursday, May 31, 2012

weddings

5/31/12 Tis the season for weddings.  Last weekend, I performed a wedding on Friday night, and another one on Saturday night.  I could have performed one on Saturday about noon, but I was already pretty well booked by the time that last couple contacted me.  I leave tomorrow to attend the wedding of our niece.  I am usually officiating, but that couple has another pastor, so I get to sit with my wife and experience the wedding from a different perspective.

Lately, I have been struggling with the issue of  going back to perform weddings of members of churches where I have formerly served.  The driving and the time involved in premarital counseling takes me away from my marriage to Cathy and my ministry in my currrent church.  Where I am struggling the most is officiating weddings at non-church venues.  At such places, there often are wedding co-ordinators, who have a rigid agenda.  I feel like a cog in a machine. I am coming to the place where I want to do weddings at my current church for current members.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment