Thursday, September 6, 2012

be opened

9/6/12 My breath prayer today comes from Mark 7:34.  Jesus is in a healing cycle.  People are bringing others for him to make them well.  A deaf man who also has a speech impediment  is brought to him.  Jesus gets very up close and personal to the man by putting his fingers into his ears and spitting and touching his tongue.  Then he says a wonderful word in Aramaic, "Ephphatha."  Our English translation is "Be opened." 

That is my prayer for myself and for you today, "Be opened."  As I walked this morning, I opened myself to the sounds around me: crickets, birds, train whistle.  I opened myself to sights:  shadows of trees from teh moonlight, constellations of stars in the sky, lights coming on in homes.  I pray that I may be opened to God and to God's possibilites, especially for healing today.  Be opened.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment