Wednesday, September 5, 2012

johnny appleseed

9/5/12 On Sunday, after the morning worship services, Cathy and I went to a birthday lunch and party for a member of our church who was turning 95.  The setting was a house owned by the daughter of son-in-law of the honored man. Right on Lake Austin, the grounds around the house were magnificent, with plants, shrubs, trees, and flowers.  This was only proper as the home owners ran a nursery/landscape business here in Austin.  As I met another daughter and son-in-law of the birthday boy, they too owned a nursery in Brenham.  It came time to say grace over the meal.  Usually people turn to me, asking me to say a prayer.  But no....one daughter said, "Everybody make a circle and hold hands.  In our family we sing, Johnny Appleseed." 

Oh, the Lord's been good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me, the things I need, the sun, the rain, and the appleseed.  Oh, the Lord's been good to me.  Amen.

How appropriate I thought.  In the midst of all the natural beauty with the lake and flora, and with families involved with growing plants that we should sing Johnny Appleseed.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment