Tuesday, December 1, 2009

ministry in a digital age

12/1/09 I was at the outpatient surgery center early this morning, at 6:40 a.m. The little girl who was to have surgery was perfectly content, watching a video on her mom's Iphone. While waiting for the procedure to begin. The dad took a photo of mom, the little girl, and me, on the Iphone. They said, "We will post it to our website later."

When I got back to the office and was going through my emails (what did we do before the days when we spent hours going through these communications?), I found that one of our church members had set up an interactive website at carecalendar.org for one of our youth who had been injured in a horse riding accident. At the website, I found out how the girl was progressing. I also found where people had signed up to bring meals or to help with carpools.

About that time, my cell phone rang with a call from my wife who had to go to the doctor's office.

Now, I am writing about all of this on my blog!

By the way, our sermons are now posted on our website at www.westlake-umc.org, where you can download them as podcasts!

Ministry in the digital age.


Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment