Thursday, December 17, 2009

vertigo

12/17/09 On Sunday, I had vertigo. I was never nauseous, but I did feel light-headed and near fainting. I prayed, "Please don't fall down while you are preaching and get all of these people anxious on your behalf." Luckily, my physician is a member of the church, and he told me to go to a website on benign positional vertigo. There I found some exercises to do (they are simply turning one's head to a side and holding that position, and then going the other way, and they sitting up, and repeating.) It was good to know that it was an inner ear problem (crystals form inside there which mess up balance) and that there was something that I could to correct it. The thing that got me the most was brushing up against my mortality. I exercise a lot and eat well and cruise right on through life. I am in great shape for 56. But vertigo got my attention: that this mortal body will not last for ever.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment