Tuesday, February 8, 2011

choices

2/8/11 Yesterday my breath prayer for the day was Deuteronomy 30:19, "I call heaven and earth to wintess against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Choose life so that you and your descendents may live." In seminary, we took a class on preaching. This was the passage that was assigned to me for my first sermon in front of my peers and the professor. I don't think I did a very good job. I really didn't have any idea of what preaching was all about. I hadn't discovered my unique "voice" yet.

If I were preaching this passage today, I would say how trusting God is with us to give us the ability to choose. I would say this is probably what sets human beings apart from the rest of creation and what qualifies us most as being made in the image of God: the ability to choose. God chose to create us. God gives us choices.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment