Tuesday, February 1, 2011

mall walking

2/1/11 A big cold front blew in over night, bringing with it high winds, freezing wind chills, and some rain. That meant I wasn't going to walk outside this morning. I got off early to avoid the traffic on the slick streets. I went to Barton Creek Mall which is on my way to the church. I joined the dozen other mall walkers this morning in contrast to walking all by myself most days. I had ads reaching out to me with Gucci Guilt ( I am not making this up!) as opposed to trees and rocks and deer on my usual park trails. I had hits from the 60's and 70's blaring over the loud speakers as opposed to my usual quiet, except for wind in the trees and birds calling out. I was glad to be walking where it was dry and out of the bitter wind this morning, but on the whole, I prefer walking outdoors.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment