Thursday, August 16, 2012

humble

8/16/12 This past Tuesday night, I was in a meeting with some potential teachers for adult classes.  We were in the library right inside the front door of the church.  We could hear a pickup truck rumble through the parking lot and stop outside.  A woman came in the front door, saw our meeting and asked for a pastor.  I thought I recognized the woman.  My first words were, "I think I know you.  You may remember that we don't direct aid from this church."  She replied, "I just want 1 minute of your time.  Can you give me a minute?"  "Yes," I said.  "My father is in the hospital.  I was going to ask you to visit him."  OOPs.  Here I had assumed that she wanted money for gas or food or rent.  I thought she was another person looking for a handout.  I was humbled by her request.  I said that I would visit her father who had had a heart attack.  When we are humble, God can move in our lives.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment