Thursday, May 14, 2009

5/14/09
My breath prayer/centering verse for the day has been I John 5:4, which says, "And this is the victory that conquers the world, our faith."
I sometimes try to make the victory about my working harder and longer, or about my level of education, or about my goodness and supposed perfection, or about (fill in the blank). I am greatly relieved that the victory is shared.....it is our, and that is about faith in Jesus Christ.
The only way I remain sane is to believe that God has been working, is working, and will be working out our salvation by what God has done in the life, death, and resurrection of His Son. The only way I remain sane is to share this life of faith with others in the Christian community called the Church.
If you want to hear more about this, I will be preaching on this topic this coming Sunday at Westlake UMC, the church where I serve.

Shalom,
Pastor Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment