Friday, May 15, 2009

5/15/09
"Sing to the Lord a new song," from Psalm 98. I like to sing. I have a nice voice. I play guitar. I pray well by singing. Today, my breath prayer called me to join in with the songs around me. Walking in the park behind our house this morning, I heard all of the song birds. Mr. Mockingbird did his entire playlist just for me. I heard the rhythm of my steps and breathing. I heard the hum of traffic in the distance. As the day went on, I listened to the ring tones of various cell phones and the melodic pacing of Spanish being spoken. Then there are the songs upon my heart today. I must admit that they are not all that holy. I have been singing, "When you really love a woman." Maybe that the way God feels about us, having that kind of passion for us.
I just played my guitar and sang for some of our preschool kids and their parents. The song goes on. I will keep singing....a new song.

Love,
Pastor Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment