Monday, June 29, 2009

He will be our guide forever

6/29/09
My prayer verse today comes from the very last line of Psalm 48, "He will be our guide forever." It was especially meaningful to me as I began my walk in the dark this morning, "Please God, show my your way, guide my feet, keep me from stumbling." I reflected on how my walks in the morning, often in the park behind our house, are like walking a labyrinth, trusting that god will reveal the path as I walk it.
I prayed for lots of people on my heart, asking that God would be their guide also. I like that the verse uses the plural pronoun "our." In our individualistic culture, how wonderful it is to know that we were made for community. God made us for one another, to walk together.
I like the last word, "forever." God's guiding never ends. "He will be our guide forever."

Love,
Pastor Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment