Thursday, January 21, 2010

book thief

1/21/10 My wife is an English teacher, so I get referrals to lots of great books through her. ONe of her students actually referred her to a book that I am reading now. It is called The Book Thief, and I am speeding through the pages. I love a good story, and this one involves an orphan girl (the book thief) and a scared Jewish man who are taken in by a poor family in Hitler's Germany. The teller of the story is the angel of death. I don't want to give a book review, so suffice it to say that I recommend that you find this book.

This Sunday I am going to be preaching about the power of the Word of the Lord, that is rooted in our holy book, the Bible. I wish that we would be so drawn by the love found within it that we would treasure it like the book thief does her small collection of stolen books.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment