Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti cont.

1/20/10 On Sunday, I invited our congregation to give to Haiti Relief through the United Methodist Committee on Relief. More than $7205 was given from just this congregation on that one day. The best in us comes out in the worst of times. You can always go to our website where we have a big icon about Haiti Relief.

I am feeling somewhat down because a UM pastor whom I knew and who worked for UMCOR was killed in Haiti in the earthquake. Clint Rabb survived for days before succumbing to his injuries. His funeral will be at University UMC here in Austin on Saturday at noon. I am trying to minister to my grief and feeling of being overwhelmed in this crisis by finding whatever ways we can help that I can.

Besides money, we can always pray. My prayer verse for the day is from Luke 4:17, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor."

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment