Monday, August 23, 2010

full day

8/23/10 Yesterday was the day before school started. Of course, we acknowledged that in the worship services. It was a day when we signed up children for their new Sunday School classes. The youth started their worship team at lunch, and later in the afternoon had a lakeside party for United Methodist Youth Fellowship. We had an orientation meeting for the start of Disciple I Bible study. I called visitors on the phone, blogged, answered emails, and finished the day with a meeting of the Stewardship Committee. I worked 12 hours yesterday, so today I am doing much at all.

I began this day with walking and prayer as usual, which I really needed after the full day yesterday. I got my tires rotateda and balanced on the way into the church. The work crew is pouring concrete right now for the new walkway to connect Bldg. M with our gym. I had a message that one of our dear church members has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, so I have made that call already.

I am learning to pace myself the older I get, but I find that ministry happens according to its own schedule and not according to mine.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment