Tuesday, August 24, 2010

sing aloud, shout

8/24/10 My breath prayer for today comes from Psalm 81:1, "Sing aloud to God our strength; shour for joy to the God of Jacob." I like to begin the day by walking outside and using that time for prayer. Most of the time that praying is interior, a private conversation with God. This passages challenges me to vocalize my prayers out loud. I found it funny that this morning I had the opportunity to walk around Lady Bird Lake since Cathy and I carpooled together. I was making some of my prayers for others, if not out loud, at least out soft, as I called various people's names. I am hoping that the other walkers, joggers, and runners didn't think that I was some crazy person who had gone off of my meds and was mumbling to myself. Thankfully most days, I am by myself on the trails in Searight Park where it is ok to pray out loud, if that is what is called for.

Love,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment